Submit Your Own Craft!

Creating something fancy? Share your progress and publish your model here!
Drummyralf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Submit Your Own Craft!

Postby Drummyralf » 23 Aug 2013, 19:53

1. Register on the forums if you haven't already;
  2. Login
  3. Go back to this topic and click on 'post reply'
  4. In the text box, enter a description of the template and add the required credits
  5. To upload your files (photos of the finished build and the actual template), click on the 'Upload attachment' tab at the bottom of the text box, 'Choose File' and 'Add the file'
  6. Click on 'Submit' when you're done!

Spoiler: show
We now have a form on the site which lets you submit your own craft!

http://nintendo-papercraft.com/submit/

This makes it a LOT easier for us to actually post the craft, because it will show up in wordpress for us to moderate. Please use this function from now on if you want your craft to be posted.

Also, please read this note about the image of your craft:
The new blog favors landscaped images over portrait images. What this means is that the image is more wide then it is high.
So if you want to make sure your logos aren't cut off on the frontpage, make your picture wider than they are high.

So this would work:

This one not so much:

We can still use portrait images, but we cannot possible show the whole craft on our frontpage when we use a portrait picture.

Thank you :D

P.S. Here are the allowed file formats :
Images
  • .gif
  • .jpeg/.jpg (Recommended)
  • .png (Recommended for high-quality)
Archives
  • .rar
  • .zip (Recommended)
Documents
  • .pdo (Recommended, but not alone)
  • .pdf

Wesley

Re: IMPORTANT! Submit your own craft!

Postby Wesley » 24 Aug 2013, 15:18

You sure that the upload form is save to use and that there is no way people can exploit it?

Most file upload / image upload forms are vulnerable. People can upload a shell / or backdoors and gain access to your server.

Just a safety question :)

Drummyralf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Drummyralf » 24 Aug 2013, 16:42

You can only upload images :) so that should be safe :thumbup:

Wesley

Postby Wesley » 24 Aug 2013, 21:08

Drummyralf wrote:You can only upload images :) so that should be safe :thumbup:

What if I tell you that you can rename a PHP script to .png and access it as .php :x

GP
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby GP » 25 Aug 2013, 00:59

Wesley wrote:

What if I tell you that you can rename a PHP script to .png and access it as .php :x

Let's say the PHP script is not safe, then it'll be unusable if opened as a PNG. The person who downloaded it would have to voluntarily and knowingly change it back to PHP in order for the script to be functional.

And anyway, who would do that?! :p

Wesley

Postby Wesley » 25 Aug 2013, 20:30

GP! wrote:
Wesley wrote:

Let's say the PHP script is not safe, then it'll be unusable if opened as a PNG. The person who downloaded it would have to voluntarily and knowingly change it back to PHP in order for the script to be functional.

And anyway, who would do that?! :p

There are more ways to upload shells by renaming its extension. You can trick the webserver by saying .php.jpg but changing the postdata to .php
I did a small test and dont know if it was succesfull. What I uploaded can not harm the server so dont worry. I PM'ed Ralf about it but have no reply back.

GP
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Submit your own craft!

Postby GP » 08 Apr 2014, 01:02

Since we're having difficulties with the Submit page system (now drafted), we're back at using this topic for submitting designs.

When one is published, also feel free to comment on it here ;)

rzkruspe

Model submit : MP2's Emperor Ing

Postby rzkruspe » 04 May 2014, 19:42

Hello everyone !

I'm new here as a member, but I've been crafting models from the site for quite a while now.
I'd like to submit my own model of the Emperor Ing from Metroid Prime 2 : Echoes.

EDIT :
Here's the link : https://www.dropbox.com/s/glkdyenida9v0 ... %20Ing.zip

Description :
For all the Metroid fans here, that may be the one papercraft model you've all been waiting for.

The Emperor Ing is the main antagonist and penultimate boss from Metroid Prime 2 : Echoes, here standing in its final form.
Highly corrupted by the Phazon slowly invading Dark Aether, he's been lying in the Sky Temple, waiting for Samus to stop his supremacy over the war for the Light of Aether.

The craft is 30cm high, and consists of 'only' eleven pages.
But I recommend you be skilled enough to start it, because there are some really tricky parts (like the hair-things on the head, or the strings in its mouth).

The following link includes :
-the PDO file (not password protected)
-the instructions in a PDF file
-4 PDFS for the template (Lined/Lineless ; Overlaid/White flaps)
-the texture file

Download ZIP

NB: Cheers to Ignatius who put me into papercraft with his Samus lightsuit model :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by rzkruspe on 04 May 2014, 22:25, edited 1 time in total.

GP
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby GP » 04 May 2014, 19:53

Hello and welcome! Just two things are missing :

1. As you mentioned, a description of the character and model
  2. A photo of the built model IRL.

The latter is to make sure that the model can indeed be built, is of quality and gives us a preview of what a finished build would look like!

Also, could you please compress the files as a ZIP archive? RAR archives cannot be extracted by all archiving programs.

Thanks for your interest in contributing to the Nintendo Papercraft :)

rzkruspe

Postby rzkruspe » 04 May 2014, 21:43

Thanks for the quick response ! :)

I'll edit my previous post with a desc and new link.
But for the photos, the thing is I haven't built it yet and I won't be able to for more than two months.

A friend of mine will craft it very soon, I can ask him to take photos once finished, but for now I can't provide you with any :/

Obviously, if anyone on here wants to craft my model and take photos of it for the site, that would be greatly appreciated !

GP
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby GP » 05 May 2014, 13:04

Good! However, due to our policy we'll have to wait for a final picture. We usually recommend the designers themselves to test build their models, since it also provides some insight on how the template could be improved. However, if a friend of yours is going to do it, he'll/she'll surely be able to communicate his/her progress with you! ;)

rzkruspe

Postby rzkruspe » 05 May 2014, 17:49

GP! wrote:However, if a friend of yours is going to do it, he'll/she'll surely be able to communicate his/her progress with you! ;)

That is indeed what we intend to do ^^

I'll just let my post here until he can give me some photos to bring to you, and for people that might come here and want to test it themselves.

See you all soon !

TheCubePaperCrafter

Easy Pikachu Cubee

Postby TheCubePaperCrafter » 10 May 2014, 02:52

Are you a beginner and want a easy pikachu? Then this papercraft is for for you! Just Cut Glue (or tape) and you have the most famous Poke'mon![siz
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Cubes Are Awesome"

Zelda Fan

Majora's Mask - Kokiri Sword

Postby Zelda Fan » 23 Jul 2014, 03:58

Kokiri Sword Image.png
Kokiri sword is the first sword you have in both Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask video game but with different appearances. This one is from Majora's Mask. Fun and very easy to do. Contains Item-sized and Life-sized versions. Young Link is tiny, so don't expect that the life-sized sword will be large.

Hey everyone! Don't download this one anymore, I've posted a new version which is a lot better :thumbup:, just scroll down, then go to the other page and it will should be there ! First version is ugly :thumbdown:!
Last edited by Zelda Fan on 22 Feb 2015, 00:07, edited 2 times in total.

SMDgamer27

Re: Submit Your Own Craft!

Postby SMDgamer27 » 11 Sep 2014, 18:26

I think the thing I made is ready to be posted.

It's a pretty untraditional papercraft. A board game!

Description: (I'm not good at writting these things, so feel free to edit anything you like)
Based on the "Megaman Battle Network" video game series, I present to you: A board game by the same name.
Just print, cut, glue, and you have yourself a game ready to play with friends and family!
Not only that, there are also extra downloadable character pieces, and soon to come: extra cards!
The site for the board game has all the info, including a tutorial on how to assemble your game, and a short video with instructions on how to play.
Get it at: http://megamanboardgame.webs.com

Return to “Designers' Den”