Sabi96 Papercraft Box - Princess Kitana (Mortal Kombat X)

Creating something fancy? Share your progress and publish your model here!

Re: Sabi96 Papercraft Box - NEW UPDATE

Postby 966623 » 09 Sep 2014, 17:46

:o you got a 3DS to dump with waaaaaa. Are there any other games you've managed to dump from?

Sabi96
Designer
Designer

Postby Sabi96 » 09 Sep 2014, 18:25

Yus, Pokemon X and Y muddle rippin'. As proof i wilk upload images of several models here in a few hours

There's super mario 3d land. I think all games can be decrypted if you have a gateway flashcart or a 3ds with 4.5 firmware.

Sabi96
Designer
Designer

Postby Sabi96 » 09 Sep 2014, 21:05

Here are some models i converted. I didn't extract all of the textures yet, only for those i really wanted to see.

Wesley

Postby Wesley » 17 Sep 2014, 20:08

Well thats pretty neat!

I don't have a 3DS or the X / Y game so I'm not sure how you'd be able to rip them. Did you reverse engineered some software by yourself or did you find some information on the internet? I'm kinda curious because I like reverse engineering software :P

Could you post a screenshot of Deoxys with texture applied?

Good job and keep it up dude you're awesome!

PS: I'm missing a like button on the forums XD

Sabi96
Designer
Designer

Postby Sabi96 » 17 Sep 2014, 21:05

Well i found some info on the internet about decrypting the roms, but the model conversions and extractions are all me.

Of course, as soon as i get back from Italy i will upload pics of all Deoxys forms

Wesley

Postby Wesley » 18 Sep 2014, 05:35

Great! I'm wondering how files are being stored seeíng nobody else has managed to obtain them yet except you.

Sabi96
Designer
Designer

Postby Sabi96 » 23 Sep 2014, 22:25

So i got the Deoxys (plural?) here. I didn't bother fixing the textures so only the left side of the images are properly textured. The right side has the mapping flipped horizontally and moved a bit to the right. Not hard to fix at all, i just didn't feel like it.

Also i got a rather interesting comment stack on dA. Take a look and write a reply on who do you agree with and why

Postby 966623 » 23 Sep 2014, 23:04

You're not obligated to share anything, even if sharing would be a "nice thing to do." We should probably be more thankful when people release stuff for free, instead of being mad they didn't. There are plenty of unshared papercrafts on the net. If someone really doesn't wanna share, we just gotta suck it up and move on. They have their reasons. If you really want something, the least you could do is ask nicely, which does not seem like the case here.

Plus, with enough research, he could figure out how to do it himself, or find someone willing to do it for him.

Seb

Postby Seb » 24 Sep 2014, 03:57

That's neat! I look forward to what you'll do with these models. Fyi, some have already been uploaded onto TheModelsResource, so you won't have to extract them yourself.
Dang, some people are persistent :/ I understand that they really want them, but their measures are a little extreme.

Byte2222
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Byte2222 » 24 Sep 2014, 10:31

Nice rips, Sabi. I can't wait to see the models that come out of it :)

I can see where the guy you were arguing with is coming from (i.e. it is polite to share your resources) but I lost my sympathy with him when he resorted to ad hominem. You're not obliged to share, he is not entitled to your resources and if he really wants them, he should treat you with the same respect he wants from you.
NP forums' most sesquipedalian member

Sabi96
Designer
Designer

Postby Sabi96 » 24 Sep 2014, 19:26

I have plenty of models ready to be released. I really dislike making download packs, so unless i really want to release a model, i don't do anything. So if someone i could trust were to make the download packs I might release models more often (not all). That would include sending an unlocked pdos (A4 and/or letter), necessary images, textures and that person applies the shiny textures and makes the pdfs, both lined and lineless.

Wesley

Postby Wesley » 27 Sep 2014, 21:23

I'm willing to help you with those packs contact me via PM.

Besides, there are tutorials already on the internet on how to rip the meshes from any 3DS game so if people could just use google better they'd be able to find it without asking you.

Sabi96
Designer
Designer

Postby Sabi96 » 03 Oct 2014, 16:58

I am almost done with the Kalos starters. I just need to finish placing Froakie's pieces and they are done. These will be handed out for testbuilding on these forums only, and in private messages.

They are 15cm in height (Froakie is 14). Chespin has 2 pages, and Fennekin has 3, as you can see. Froakie will probably have 3 as well. I have the finished 2 printed, ready for building. And I SWEAR these will be released once i build all 3.

Wesley

Postby Wesley » 03 Oct 2014, 20:52

Can I do the green guy. IDK its name in all honesty. I haven't played any recent games after Diamond & Pearl x)

Sabi96
Designer
Designer

Postby Sabi96 » 28 Feb 2015, 20:50

Well, I've been quite inactive on these forums. But I have not yet stopped crafting.
Maybe you've seen the Mini May craft that i released back in november? If not you can download it here
http://sabi96papercraftbox.blogspot.com/2014/11/pokemon-oras-release-special-mini-may.html

I have also made several new models, and built a few that I made previously.
For example the Rabbids: I made the Splinter Cell and the Thong Rabbids, I also made a Santa hat for the one in the thong
http://i.imgur.com/al0Mw8W.jpg
Looks sexy, doesn't he? :D

On the other hand I still love making life-sized crafts, so I started building my bust of Hermione Granger. She's not done quite yet, but the 47 pages of head and hair are gone! :D
http://i.imgur.com/xc1YTDB.jpg

Edit: Oh, I forgot the craft that I released recently. A valentine's day craft (Yeah, I know there are plenty of those, but what the heck :P )
http://th00.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2015/045/a/7/valentine_s_heart_papercraft___download_by_sabi996-d8hxs3p.jpg
It's a small, simple to build heart with a ribbon with a message you can modify on your own. That's all.
http://sabi96papercraftbox.blogspot.com/2014/11/pokemon-oras-release-special-mini-may.html

Return to “Designers' Den”