Byte2222
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Chat Topic

Postby Byte2222 » 09 Dec 2013, 19:34

XenonRay wrote:
Byte2222 wrote:
XenonRay wrote:
Byte2222 wrote:The only members of the forum who are older than me are Drummyralf and Xenonray. They both have real jobs and everything, which is kinda scary! I've always enjoyed the Nintendo Papercraft community, we don't fight or anything (mostly because we're too small to have any firebrands), it's just really pleasant here

Well I did have an ok-ish job for about 6 months this year! (actually very glad I got it and made a few £'s, but it wasn't something you could stay at forever)

But I've since left to do a postgraduate degree in petroleum geology. That may as well be a full time job as it's a very intense course, hence why I've barely been around here, so I'm looking forward to the Christmas holidays!

Hmm I guess I am old. :mellow:

So is that an MSc? How are you finding it? My course has an integrated masters and I'm finding 4th year pretty demanding, considering what's at stake. It sound like yours will set you up nicely, though. People are always looking for petroleum :D

That's the hope at least! Compared to my integrated 4th year this course is incredibly packed. In my old degree the last 2 years saw a decline in actual lectures and practicals as the credit count began to get tied up in the dissertation/research projects. Now I'm in almost every day (not today though :p) from 10am to 4-5pm plus multiple bits of coursework running on top of that, and some one day field trips just for a laugh to make us even more busy! November was very tricky but things have eased off as the semester ends. There's just one more big group exercise this week.

I'm spending most of my time on campus these days, what with lectures, assignments and music commitments in the evening. I've got a big assignment/project due half way into next term, I have to design a microsensor and all the electronics to go with it. I shudder to think how much work is going to have to go into it. That module is 100% coursework, and I have another next term that's 100% exam to balance it out.
NP forums' most sesquipedalian member

GP
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby GP » 09 Dec 2013, 23:21

Wesley wrote:Wish this forum is active like it was in the old days :(

We can make it better than the old days, believe me. We must first let the past be the past and like the phoenix, rise from the ashes.

The only thing is that we shouldn't be obsessed with what was once done, but instead think of what we can do now. I'm not asking anyone to be Gazamaniac or Red Yoshi or PMF or Xenonray or whoever. I want us to be who we are and write our history. Because Nintendo Papercraft's history is far from concluded.

(Oh, and 900 pages of Spam topic wasn't necessarily better or more active :p We can be active in other ways too )

That's my perspective, and that's why I'm changing things. It's not for the sake of change, it's because I think we can make it better.

The worst thing we could ever do is status quo.

SuperDeku

Postby SuperDeku » 11 Dec 2013, 01:39

It seems my dad let me choose a game I'm getting for Christmas in return for Fast & The Furious 6 (he wanted to get it today, not for Christmas. I chose ALBW, any good reviews from other members? I also got the ALBW poster set from (the US catalogue) Club Nintendo, I got them before they where sold out! They look awesome hanging on my bedroom walls, right next to my SS poster.

Postby 966623 » 11 Dec 2013, 03:57

I also got ALBW and the posters not too long ago too.
I personally thought this game was one of the shorter and easier ones (not the easiest though). However, this seems to depend on how many other Zelda's you've played, and I've played quite a few. Easy or not, I had quite a blast. The game runs very smoothly, and the controls are quite refined. As a result, it seems a bit more fast paced, and I had fun just playing the game, even if I wasn't getting anything productive done. I thought the dungeons were short but sweet. I tended to have fun all the way through a dungeon, so none of them overstayed their welcome.

--In short, I wish it was a bit longer, but I had a metric ton (or 2205 pounds) of fun playing it.

SuperDeku

Postby SuperDeku » 11 Dec 2013, 05:08

Sounds like you really enjoyed it. I started playing it and it's awesome!

Seb

Postby Seb » 11 Dec 2013, 09:28

I watched Catching Fire a few days ago, and it was pretty good! Stays true to the book :)
Then yesterday I watched my first horror film... Wasn't actually that bad. I like an eerie atmosphere :)

Byte2222
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Byte2222 » 11 Dec 2013, 11:38

SuperDeku wrote:It seems my dad let me choose a game I'm getting for Christmas in return for Fast & The Furious 6 (he wanted to get it today, not for Christmas. I chose ALBW, any good reviews from other members? I also got the ALBW poster set from (the US catalogue) Club Nintendo, I got them before they where sold out! They look awesome hanging on my bedroom walls, right next to my SS poster.

I finished A Link Between Worlds a few days ago. It's very good, yes, but like 80% of it is the same as Link to the Past. That's not necessarily a bad thing, Like to the Past might be the best Zelda game ever made, but it's a big asterisk on 'it's amazing*'. The copy we have technically belongs to me and I've told Manic he can't have it until he's finished Link to the Past because of how similar they are.

I must, however, give a shout-out to Link Between Worlds' soundtrack. Seriously, it's one of the best soundtracks I've heard in years and it spurred me into making another arrangement: Dark World/Lorule Field for brass quintet.

...I'm such a nerd

SuperDeku

Postby SuperDeku » 12 Dec 2013, 17:32

The music in the game is great! I do agree by now, the game is a tad short, I went through the first dungeon in under an hour and got to the second in around 30 minutes. I went through it in under an hour as well. Though, now I'm having trouble getting the third pendant (In the watery region). I can't find a way to swim out to it. I heard you need to get Zora flippers, but I don't know where to get them, oh well, a bit searching doesn't hurt now and then!

Byte2222
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Byte2222 » 12 Dec 2013, 21:02

SuperDeku wrote:The music in the game is great! I do agree by now, the game is a tad short, I went through the first dungeon in under an hour and got to the second in around 30 minutes. I went through it in under an hour as well. Though, now I'm having trouble getting the third pendant (In the watery region). I can't find a way to swim out to it. I heard you need to get Zora flippers, but I don't know where to get them, oh well, a bit searching doesn't hurt now and then!

A Link Between Worlds is anything but short, Zelda games rarely show you all their dungeons at the start. And you have plenty of game to go. Also, this is the first Zelda game in a while with non-linear dungeons, so I presume you've already done the Tower of Hera? It's entirely possible to do the House of Gales first, though.

SuperDeku

Postby SuperDeku » 13 Dec 2013, 00:26

I never figured you could do the third dungeon first, I'm a bit stuck on how to get to the third dungeon. Even if I knew I could do the House of Gales first, I'd do the Tower of Hera first (which I did) because the traditional Zelda trio of dungeons goes in ground/earth, fire, water.

gundamslicer

Postby gundamslicer » 13 Dec 2013, 05:00

Do you think I should buy Link between worlds or pokemon mystery dungeon...

SuperDeku

Postby SuperDeku » 13 Dec 2013, 05:20

I have the Limited edition Pikachu 3DS XL! Anyway,I've been with Pokemon for over 4 years (6 if you count my early childhood), I used to go to a lot of tournaments and leagues and such but then I couldn't go as much... I've been playing Zelda for over 3 years (7 if you count my early childhood). I like Gates To Infinity. But the story goes on quite a bit, depending on how good a player you are and how many Streetpass tags you normally get, it's kinda hard to revive yourself after you've fallen without any reviver seeds. A Link Between Worlds is so far very great! It has the world you probably fell in love with in ALTTP it has those classic Zelda stumpers where you have to use Zelda logic (it is abnormal for doors to be locked, magic bracelets give you strength, etc.). But I have enjoyed both thus far.

GP
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby GP » 15 Dec 2013, 04:37

Seb

Postby Seb » 15 Dec 2013, 07:14

That is quite cool! :D

Return to “Other Discussions”