My Nintendo builds so far

Building or built a Nintendo Papercraft model? Showcase it here!
minidelirium

My Nintendo builds so far

Postby minidelirium » 26 Jul 2013, 16:40

I've only built a few of the Nintendo papercrafts. the pictures are pretty big so I'll go with links instead.

my 1st was Zelda
http://th06.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2011/254/8/e/zelda_by_minidelirium-d49iwyv.jpg

my 2nd was Navi
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/254/9/3/navi_by_minidelirium-d49iwis.jpg

my 3rd was the Happy mask salesman
http://th00.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2011/254/c/f/happy_mask_salesman_by_minidelirium-d49iwn1.jpg

my 4th was Guru Guru
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/285/a/d/guru_guru_by_minidelirium-d4clgk9.jpg

my 5th was Saria
http://th01.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2011/326/5/2/saria_by_minidelirium-d4gxuqv.jpg

and the last I've built is Midna in her imp form, both small and life sized. I made 2 of the small, this is the first small I made
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/094/a/2/midna_papercraft_by_minidelirium-d60e1gq.jpg
and both together
http://th05.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2013/108/8/5/midna_papercraft_duplicates_by_minidelirium-d624lzl.jpg
and life sized
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/125/b/0/life_size_midna_with_minimidna_papercraft_by_minidelirium-d648izj.jpg

all of them except Midna is built in 80g-paper since I didn't try anything thicker for the first 4 years of my papercrafting.
I've built a lot more, but nothing that I remember if they were from Nintendo papercraft though so I won't link to them more than with a link to my deviantart http://minidelirium.deviantart.com/
I'm sorry about the backgruonds, I don't really have the equipment or room for a home studio.

TheSkywardSword100

Re: My Nintendo builds so far

Postby TheSkywardSword100 » 26 Jul 2013, 17:12

Well they all look very good! Nice job! :thumbup:

Drummyralf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Drummyralf » 26 Jul 2013, 19:17

Those are awesome! It's always really cool to see others build some of my models. Thanks for building!

To make great looking pictures is actually rather easy. I made a guide for it if you're interested:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=33

Postby 966623 » 26 Jul 2013, 19:26

Very nice builds. Neat and well done. I like the Midnas and the size comparison.
Was the first Zelda printed from a laser printer? Just asking since it looks like ink came off at the folds.

TheSkywardSword100

Postby TheSkywardSword100 » 26 Jul 2013, 19:45

What about life-size Zelda? :'(

minidelirium

Postby minidelirium » 27 Jul 2013, 11:11

Drummyralf wrote:To make great looking pictures is actually rather easy.

yes, I've seen that and thought of where to put that stuff and decided the corner where I take most of the pics of my models will have to do. my place is very small and it's not really like I do any "original" builds anyways.

966623 wrote:Was the first Zelda printed from a laser printer? Just asking since it looks like ink came off at the folds.

nope, she was printed on an unadjusted cartridge printer. I was just a bit less experienced at papercraft when I built her. :p

TheSkywardSword100 wrote:What about life-size Zelda? :'(

I didn't know if I could put pictures of my other nintendo papercrafts that I got from somewhere else up here, but yeah, I've built her too (and am now building LS Link too)
here are some pictures of Zelda

and a sneak preview of what I've built of LS Link so far, his head

I've also built Link's Grandmothers house on Outset Island
Image a Picori
Mario Link and Aryll (Idon't know if the Moogle counts as something Nintendo related but since it was in the picture I hope you'll excuse me)
and Twinrova

as you can see, I prefer to make folded style papercrafts. :D
I hope the pictures wasn't too big! :love:

TheSkywardSword100

Postby TheSkywardSword100 » 27 Jul 2013, 14:08

Great job! If there is ever a builder of the month badge, you'd definitely qualify!

GP
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby GP » 27 Jul 2013, 17:07

Wow, you really have mastered the art of papercraft modeling! This is really, really impressive.

Your builds look really clean. You're great at making smooth models as much as with making folded models.

Keep up the good work! I can really see from the photos how passionate you are with papercraft. Maybe could you be a testbuilder here if you want... ;)

TheSkywardSword100

Postby TheSkywardSword100 » 27 Jul 2013, 17:09

GP! wrote: Maybe could you be a testbuilder here if you want... ;)

Exactly what I was thinking!

Manic 101

Postby Manic 101 » 27 Jul 2013, 19:17

The built quality on these crafts is breathtaking! Easily some of the best that I've come across in my time on this forum. I agree with GP! that you should join the testbuilders, I'm just blown away by these.
TL,DR: Wow
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary, those who don't, and those who didn't expect this sig to be in base 3.

Poe

Postby Poe » 27 Jul 2013, 19:27

You are an amazing builder! Have you tried designing at all?

minidelirium

Postby minidelirium » 27 Jul 2013, 19:37

being a testbuilder would be awesome! I've actually been wanting to try that since I know how skilled I am at making papercraft look clean and pretty and it would be fun to be first with a model for a change. another really great thing about being a testbuilder is that I have so much free time so I'd be done quite fast when I started. but then I really would have to get a home studio for photos of the builds. I guess that's unavoidable haha. :D

though right now I'm in a slump and have lost the passion for papercrafting, but that'll pass in a month or so. I mean, it's not like I can stop, I'm too darn good at this to stop forever. :p
also I really want to come back to it so I can finish Link. but I won't force mysself. I need to take my time getting the passion back. I've had at least 3 short periods of this feeling, so I'm sure this one will pass too if I take care not to force myself when I try to get going again. I almost feel like saying I'm sorry about this but I'm just presuming you all understand and feel like I do, that the most important thing is to have fun making these models and if it's not fun, it's wrong to do it. a hobby should give joy. :)

but if you ask me to build something after I'm out of this I'd probably want to do it! I normally love papercrafting and I think that shows! :p

TheSkywardSword100

Postby TheSkywardSword100 » 27 Jul 2013, 19:43

Don't worry, it's fine. I hope you come out of it soon! :)

minidelirium

Postby minidelirium » 27 Jul 2013, 19:51

Manic 101 wrote:The built quality on these crafts is breathtaking! Easily some of the best that I've come across in my time on this forum. I agree with GP! that you should join the testbuilders, I'm just blown away by these.
TL,DR: Wow

wow, thanks for the compliments! yeah, I think that would be fun. :D

Poe wrote:You are an amazing builder! Have you tried designing at all?

nope, I'm just a builder. I'm not really a creator, I just love to follow instructions to make a papercraft as pretty as possible. I don't think it would give me the same joy to create as I get from just going through the steps of building. when I build I can relax and focus on small details until I can step back, look at the finished model and go O_o "my god, did >I< make this model??" I've never really liked to create. I'm a follower so to speak. a beta female. :laugh:

GP
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby GP » 27 Jul 2013, 19:58

minidelirium wrote:being a testbuilder would be awesome! I've actually been wanting to try that since I know how skilled I am at making papercraft look clean and pretty and it would be fun to be first with a model for a change. another really great thing about being a testbuilder is that I have so much free time so I'd be done quite fast when I started. but then I really would have to get a home studio for photos of the builds. I guess that's unavoidable haha. :D

though right now I'm in a slump and have lost the passion for papercrafting, but that'll pass in a month or so. I mean, it's not like I can stop, I'm too darn good at this to stop forever. :p
also I really want to come back to it so I can finish Link. but I won't force mysself. I need to take my time getting the passion back. I've had at least 3 short periods of this feeling, so I'm sure this one will pass too if I take care not to force myself when I try to get going again. I almost feel like saying I'm sorry about this but I'm just presuming you all understand and feel like I do, that the most important thing is to have fun making these models and if it's not fun, it's wrong to do it. a hobby should give joy. :)

but if you ask me to build something after I'm out of this I'd probably want to do it! I normally love papercrafting and I think that shows! :p

That's okay, everyone lives such periods of "papercraft fatigue". You're doing the right thing, and as you said, with such skills it'll be impossible for you to stop! ;)

And as for designing, I totally understand you. Somehow - even if I do design - I find building models to be much more gratifying than designing them. I think it's because of the "real world satisfaction" thing (I think I've already seen a scientific study about that). By example, when you do an essay, you'd be more satisfied by your work when you hold a printed version in your hands than if you just keep it on the computer.

In short, papercraft building is awesome.

Return to “Museum”