minidelirium saying hi

New here? Came back from the ol' days? Introduce you here first!
minidelirium

minidelirium saying hi

Postby minidelirium » 22 Jul 2013, 08:36

hi!
I'm totally new here and I hope to be at least semi active. :D
I've built a lot of models and I'm only a builder. or rather, I'm a great builder, but I don't create templates. I leave that to other, more talented people.
I have a lot of free time as I'm on prepension for my MS-pain and let me tell you, the most golden moments of papercrafting comes as I get SO focused on the paper that I stop noticing the pain. it's more than you could ask of a hobby/passion really, so I want to say thank you to every other papercrafter out there to help me lift this hobby/passion to the level of notice of others. the more we are, the more awesome models we will all have to build, look at and enjoy! :love:

also, to the template makers of every papercraft I've ever assembled: thank you a thousand times for reducing my pain! I could hardly ask for anything else in life than to be able to sit and handle paper for hours and hours, listening to audiobooks or great tv-shows (arrested development is making a rerun in my home atm) and just feel the searing burning coroding pain in all of my skin from the breastbone down just melt away. you don't know what pain relief is until you've been burning for several years and then get a breathing space out of something as awesome as this wonderful model building. (ok, that's not to say anyones pain is less than mine, it's not even something that one CAN compare with others, but yeah, it's a great and powerful feeling to notice you haven't felt like ripping your own skin off for the last couple of hours or so!)
I'm currently building Haywans life sized Link and after that I think I'll assemble a model my family bought me for my 30th birthday, the Bath house from the anime Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi aka Spirited Away!!! it cost them a pretty penny and I'm so SO grateful to them! this is a model I've been wanting to build since I first discovered the model of Howl's Flying Castle (I built 3 of those and one of the older looking Howl's Moving Castle and have plans to build the HMC again in exchange for 2 custom made figurines of Twilit Arachnid Armogohma and Princess Agitha from Escaron on deviantart, to buy art from people and pay with papercrafts just ROCKS (and as an added note I'm thinking of trying to mount the first HMC on a little rotating motor and give to a childrens hospital for sick kids to have something fun and detailed to look at)) and then this winter I found the model of the Bath house and asked my family to pool for my birthday present and they of course did since they all know how much I love that movie and how much I love to papercraft. (the most fun person to convince that this isn't just some form of "crayons and glitter glue-pictures" that one puts on the refrigerator with a nice pat on the head has been my father who treated papercrafting as such until I made him the model of Saint Basil's Cathedral, after that he has looked on my hobby/passion with A LOT more respect!)

anyways. I'm here now. I hope to see you soon! :love:

Drummyralf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: minidelirium saying hi

Postby Drummyralf » 22 Jul 2013, 10:42

Wow, what an incredible story! Thank you for sharing! It's amazing to hear that you can use papercrafting to both have fun AND reduce your pain.

Welcome to the forums! I hope you'll have an incredible time here. Feel free to ask any questions you have.
And who knows, you might even learn how to design here ;). There are many talented people that would be glad to help you!

TheSkywardSword100

Postby TheSkywardSword100 » 22 Jul 2013, 12:39

Welcome! I'm glad this hobby helps you in more ways than one. :) You should post pictures of your builds here! We'd love to see them. :)

Byte2222
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Byte2222 » 22 Jul 2013, 22:30

Welcome, friend. We're glad to have you and glad that you're enjoying papercraft. Please, make yourself at home and feel free to ask us anything if you're stuck.
NP forums' most sesquipedalian member

minidelirium

Postby minidelirium » 26 Jul 2013, 13:53

TheSkywardSword100 wrote:Welcome! I'm glad this hobby helps you in more ways than one. :) You should post pictures of your builds here! We'd love to see them. :)

I have about 80 diferent models but I'll post the most impressive ones I've built! :D

Byte2222 wrote:Welcome, friend. We're glad to have you and glad that you're enjoying papercraft. Please, make yourself at home and feel free to ask us anything if you're stuck.

thank you! I will if I need to. ;)

Drummyralf wrote:And who knows, you might even learn how to design here ;). There are many talented people that would be glad to help you!

thanks but I just love to build, it's not the same with computers as it is with crafting with the hands. :)

minidelirium

Postby minidelirium » 26 Jul 2013, 13:56

TheSkywardSword100 wrote:You should post pictures of your builds here! We'd love to see them. :)

umm, I'm so sorry to ask, but where would I post my pictures? I got confused over the forum layouts. what forum would be best? or is it more like posting links to them? O_o

Byte2222
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Byte2222 » 26 Jul 2013, 15:04

minidelirium wrote:
TheSkywardSword100 wrote:You should post pictures of your builds here! We'd love to see them. :)

umm, I'm so sorry to ask, but where would I post my pictures? I got confused over the forum layouts. what forum would be best? or is it more like posting links to them? O_o

We have 'The Museum' in the papercraft building section, feel free to start a topic there. You should be able to embed photos but if they're really big then please just post a link.
NP forums' most sesquipedalian member

minidelirium

Postby minidelirium » 26 Jul 2013, 16:16

thank you so much for the help!

GP
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby GP » 27 Jul 2013, 16:51

Welcome, minidelirium! I'm so grateful you decided to come on the forums. Thank you very much! You have a pretty interesting story. Thanks for sharing it!

I hope you enjoy the new forums. It's a good time for new members like you to come!

By the way, I love that avatar. Nice choice!

Welcome!

minidelirium

Postby minidelirium » 27 Jul 2013, 19:09

GP! wrote:Welcome!

thank you very much for welcoming me! so far I really like the general feeling I get from these forums. :)

a friend of mine drew that avatar in exchange for a papercraft actually. she really captured me, my hair and my tattoo and my papercrafting and my attitude! I love it too! :D

GP
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby GP » 27 Jul 2013, 19:12

minidelirium wrote:
GP! wrote:Welcome!

thank you very much for welcoming me! so far I really like the general feeling I get from these forums. :)

a friend of mine drew that avatar in exchange for a papercraft actually. she really captured me, my hair and my tattoo and my papercrafting and my attitude! I love it too! :D

Wow, your friend is an artist! At first I thought it was a character from an anime. :laugh:

And yes, from all the forums I've ever joined, Nintendo Papercraft is one of the most warm hearted.

minidelirium

Postby minidelirium » 27 Jul 2013, 19:53

GP! wrote:Wow, your friend is an artist! At first I thought it was a character from an anime. :laugh:

she really is! and nope, it's all me! I'm a very colourful person. :D

Seb

Postby Seb » 22 Sep 2013, 14:45

Oh dear, I'm quite late, aren't I? :closedeyes: Ignoring my inability to say hello...
Hello and welcome! I'm sure that by now you've seen how nice of a community this is. I hope to see you around :)

Wesley

Postby Wesley » 02 Oct 2013, 15:21

Still wanted to say hi and welcome to the forums.

I would really love to see some pictures of the models you build.

Return to “New Members”